Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm sure I've said this before but the food on Diet To Go is freakin' awesome!

Just got back after a harrowing weekend with the family in MS. Yes, we closed on the new house on Monday and without regaling you with the details it was one of the most bizarre closings I've ever been involved with. OK, I'm currently trying to get the paint and tile done before we officially move in over there so this too has been trying. Lots of quotes, lots of prices, several levels of competency and English. Needless to say it has been a real distraction to my diet plan but I 'm proud to say that "trauma trim" has allowed me to drop down to 221 pounds...without really trying, honestly. I'm ashamed and guilty for some of the things I've eaten during the 2 of 7 days that I eat on my own but the activity and possibly my food choices have allowed me to continue to lose weight. 258 minus 221 makes it 37 pounds that I've lost.

I'll tell you the reason for the title of my post. Just when I think I'm getting tired of the food at DTG I revisit something that I haven't had in a while and am wow'd by it. Tonight it was the stuffed flounder. Damn, I've paid for worse flounder in a restaurant before. This dish is expertly seasoned and if you heat it properly the flounder is moist and flaky with a delicious seafood stuffing, pesto cauliflower and let's face it; I'm a bit tired of the green beans but they to were crisp and delicious with a mild sprinkling of cheese. Thank you DTG for keeping me on track during these very distracting days. It's good to know that I don't have to worry about a meal plan each night after all of this.

Also, I hear from the big cheese at DTG that they are buying a huge shrink wrap machine that better protects the integrity of the packages when they are shipped. as you know I've had a few problems with my deliveries but I've been assured that it is all behind us now and my food will arrive fresh and safe. have a great week and as things slow down a bit I promise to post a bit more. I removed flooring, tack strips and painted today...the longer it takes these guys to get back to me on these projects the more I just do myself...there is a certain amount of satisfaction that comes as well. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    Congratulations on the 37 pounds lost as well as closing on the new house. I just finished a large amount of ceramic tiling myself. I wish I lived closer and could help you. You might consider tiling yourself. Check out a few DIY shows and visit the DIY website for tips.
    http://www.diynetwork.com/videos/ceramic-tile/37396.html

    You're doing great Bo!
    221, Impressive!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete