Thursday, August 6, 2009

I think they finally got it right!

OK, so I may have been pouting a bit and I have been pretty busy as of late but I think DTG may have the right packaging now. I know it may seem that I'm harping on the delivery issue a bit but this is an expensive program and it's imperative that these meals arrive on time and in consumable condition. Last Thursday my shipment was completely destroyed...the worst yet. The inside contents were visible and I didn't know when this when the breakage occurred since there was no documentation and the UPS man simply dropped it off and left! They pissed me off too. I called UPS and filed a claim but no one ever contacted me after that...no one! I contacted DTG and they were mortified because this has happened to me several times now. I'm glad that they took some responsibility in this as well because I feel the package must be "road worthy" before the monkeys at UPS get a chance to wreck it. Simply sending an unprotected Styrofoam ice chest is NOT sufficient.

I'm happy to report that this week my ice chest arrived INSIDE of a standard card board box and the contents were still frozen and intact. Look, this meal plan has helped me lose a total of 35 pounds now and I'm astonished by that because the food is gourmet. This isn't some nuke & puke Jenny Craig or God forbid the dog food Nutri System passes off as food. It's real food, cooked fresh, flash frozen and delivered to my door. For those lucky enough to pick theirs up, there is no freezing involved as I have noted that some meals don't lend themselves well to the travel and reheating process. I look forward to getting back on track because my biggest worry was that I just went to 5 days a week instead of 7, leaving me with 2 big decision days or several meals on my own. I tossed last weeks shipment because I didn't know what condition it was in therefore I was on my own for entire week! I'm not ready to be let off the leash just yet! Much like my buddy Steve, we are recovering food addicts and can't be left to our own devices without much more counseling and behavior changes.

I managed to gain 2 pounds this past week all because I missed my food arrived compromised and I was left to my own devices. Bad me, yes. I'm back on the treadmill and can't wait to have my meals waiting for me so my decisions are made. I have way too much going on right now so taking my nutritional needs out of the equation will free me up to figure out how I'm going to pay for this new house...oh yeah, We will likely close this month! It's been 17 years since I've had to deal with this dog and pony show and even back then I don't recall it being this stressful...maybe because I signed all my life away while on pain pills after falling 30 feet in the Superdome. Now that's a story for another time. I promise I'll share but I've got to get to the Home Depot and buy some paint and supplies as "this old house" will soon be on the market!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Bo, sorry you are having all the shipping problems. Moving is right up there on the top stress list so you should congratulate yourself that you are still taking care of yourself. Good Luck on the new house and sale of your current home. We went through this about 6 years ago after being in our home for 21 years.
    It's a full time job as out diet-to-go buddy Donna knows about, however she seems to have it down to a system.

    ReplyDelete