Sunday, August 16, 2009

I've been distracted by more than just my diet.

Sunday night and after a pretty god weekend I think I should throw up a blog. Friday night was the Saints pre-season opener at the Dome. It wasn't a great showing but they did win. The mantra for the evening being; what do you want, it's pre-season. I was able to enjoy the game with some red wine and even stuck to my program at dinner later that night. Forgoing the bread and as many other carbs that night as I could, I was able to enjoy a delicious chicken and andouille gumbo (without rice) plus a delicious roast duck...no desert. Saturday, I wasn't as strict and I did allow myself a few "off the plan items."

Today was better as steak and eggs was a great eye opener and tonight's DTG offering of Italian Meatballs with a mouth watering artichoke and black olive side dish. 7 months on the plan and I'm still amazed by the food. As we move forward on the purchase of a second home in MS, it's become more complicated to concentrate on job performance, fixing up my current home, dealing with the pressures of financing the second home plus having my wife and child living, working and going to school in another state. I'm lucky if I get to see them once during the week and the 2 days on the weekend but it means several hours of drive time any way you slice it.

The good part is that I haven't allowed myself to put back on several pounds. I'm sticking to the plan as well as can be expected but I have found that I'm slipping a bit more than usual. I was given some really good news last week that I can't share here but lets say that it's in my best interest to continue losing weight as this will be a great reward in the end. The prize will come in early December so I really want to have at least 10 more pounds off by then...maybe more. I've got to stay on that tread mill and really stick to the program though.

Sorry for not posting more often but again, time has been a real issue...more to come. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Bo

    You have a lot going on right now and anyway you cut it, food is always a great comfort.
    It sounds like for the most part you are making great food choices. Hopefully you'll get through all of this real soon and get back to some normalcy in your life. What ever your great reward at the end is, I'm sure your improved health and the way you are feeling now is just as good if not better. Hang in there my DTG friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad for your good news...and for all your blog postings...always very insightful! Keep up the good work and the weight loss. I don't know how you're managing all those areas of stress right now, but you're doing well sticking to the plan, we're proud of you!

    ReplyDelete