Sunday, July 26, 2009

A few more steps but the stress is mounting.

Well, if all goes well, I won't have to stay in an apartment when I travel to MS any longer. We have a contract on the house with the garage mahal but there are a few hoops to jump through first; home inspection, appraisal, insurance, etc. If all goes well we could take possession sometime in August. I'll keep you posted.

So, how is this messing with my diet. As you know, I've dropped down to 3 meals, 5 days a week instead of a full 7. It allows me to eat out a bit or with my family. It also leaves me on my own to make healthy decisions which can be difficult. I don't mind telling you I still crave carbs and not having that DTG meal in front of you to heat and eat my mind begins to wander towards them. The stress of re-mortgaging my life isn't helping matters and I have a history of stress eating, too. I'm staying active...as active as I can with a job that confines me to a chair but my treadmill is still calling me each morning and the honey-do list of house repairs will keep me busy for weeks as we prepare to sell our existing home.

I don't want to say my focus for weight loss has deminished but with so many things on the plate in front of me I feel I could derail. The compliments and the way I feel are carying me right now but as the vison gets blurred a bit some things move to the peripheral. As I focus on doing the deal on this house and preparing my home for sale I hope my weight loss goals don't end up there.

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    STRESS is a killer! You have worked so hard and are doing great. Try to cling to some extra protein for comfort if the treadmill gets set aside in the move. Also think how great it will be for your new neighbors to meet the new thin guy. Hang in there my DTG friend!

    Maybe the diet-to-go folks can help you with some ideas for some healthy satisfying snacks, like deviled eggs and cheese sticks?

    Also I can relate to the re-mortgaging, but it will all work out, you'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete