Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The move and the 4th was a success but I'm paying for it now.

I hate being sick. I've been feeling this coming on for several days now but somehow was able to shrug it off. This is my second day of missed work. It all began Saturday June the 28th as I drove to Florida with my son. He had the sniffles but I didn't think much of it. He would spend an entire week with his "poppa" and I would turn right around to Louisiana dragging a 20 foot trailer to move my wife to Mississippi fourth of July weekend. In preparation for the move we kicked up all kind of dust and even got some furniture from an elderly couple (with cats) from across the street. I believe my sinuses began to pay from that point on. It has also been very dry with record breaking heat.

The move went fairly well and we were able to spend the rest of the 4th of July weekend enjoying the festivities with my wife's family and community friends. Sunday we headed east and stayed the night at her new apartment in MS, son in tow. She had to go to work early so my son and I kept the Gulf coast on our left for most of the ride home. My intent was to drop him off at daycare and head to work sometime before noon. As the ride home wore on I began to feel increasingly worse and warned my assistant that I may not come in at all. Just before I was ready to bring him to camp I decided to take his (and my) temperature. They were both over 101. We were going no where...the same was true this morning as we were both over 100 and I felt worse today than yesterday.

Now to the weight loss. Let's back up to Sunday June 29th. My wife and I packed the majority of the furniture headed to MS on that day. She has been working in the Biloxi area since Set. 2007 and commuting from New Orleans almost daily. That night we decided to go to Ruth Chris Steakhouse for dinner since our son was with his grandfather...for the next week! We went with a plan and I'm proud to say that we were able to stick to it. Once nice bottle of red wine (2003 Lancaster estates) we'd split the lettuce wedge and broccoli au gratin but each have our own steak...no desert, no appetisers, nothing but what we ordered and it was awesome!

I received my food shipment on Thursday and am happy to report that it arrived in much better shape than previous shipments. The food was stacked properly and still had ice crystals between the packaging so I know it was still frozen. I had Friday off so that morning we got up early and drove the trailer to MS and had it unpacked (with help) within 30 minutes. I was able to stick to the program pretty well throughout the weekend and even walked Saturday and Sunday morning on the point. I was able to enjoy some boiled shrimp, roasted pork and sausage from the feast but managed to avoid all of the sweets except a few slices of ice cold watermelon. I'm down to 224 now so that's 34 pounds. I missed walking Monday and today but am hoping I feel well enough tomorrow to get back on the plan. Well, time for lunch and some more medicine.

1 comment:

  1. sure hope you feel better, Bo! And congrats on the continued weight loss. Looks like everyone is surviving summer temptations and vacations, etc and fairing pretty well. Now just concentrate on getting yourself well! :) Glad to hear the move went well, too.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete