Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It’s amazing what exercise can do and how it makes you feel.

I am loving my new treadmill as it is the “new girl” in my life. You guys know how that is, right? You get something new in your life and you pay a lot of attention to it. Unfortunately the attraction usually wanes and it soon becomes insignificant. Well, for now anyway, the treadmill is high on the list of things to do each day. My new Ipod Shuffle should be in today and the sports specific headphones I ordered too. Walking each morning for 30 or more minutes has not only kicked my weight loss into high gear but I feel so much better all day. I’m convinced it’s the exercise.

I won’t bore you (or waste the time to find any) with the scientific research supporting all of the claims and benefits of exercise but in my case, it’s true. I have lost 33 pounds now and that’s a full 5 months in to the DTG program; an average of 6.6 pounds per month! Not too shabby. I hope to continue each day with my treadmill in the hopes that I can shed the LB’s. so pray I don’t fall out of love with my new girlfriend.

I was having some shipping issues after returning from vacation. I didn’t contact Diet To Go right away thinking it may just be a glitch with their packaging and packing. As previously stated, some of the food was unlabeled and it was mostly thawed by the time it got to me. Granted, we’ve had record breaking heat these past few weeks so I don’t expect the shipments to be rock hard when I unpack them but because they were stacking the meals on their sides before shipping the liquid would run out of the packaging and into the plastic over-wrap as the food thawed. I was not pleased. I decided to send an email to DTG about this condition and was happy to receive a positive reply. For the most part, DTG didn’t know what was happening with their “ship” customers because their clients rarely said anything or simply stopped receiving their shipments without comment.

As a side bar, my sister used to be married to the most famous chef in America...yes, Emeril. When they opened their first restaurant together there was much trial and error. It was funny when people would come up to my sister and tell of their experiences while dining at their restaurant…some good, some bad. She would listen intently to whatever problem they encountered and usually followed up with the question: “did you tell anyone at the restaurant about this.” Sheepishly, most would just say no and that they didn’t think it was a big deal. My sister would explain that if “we” don’t know this is happening, how can we correct it? The lesson I learned was if something is unsatisfactory you must say something. Not only so it can be made right for you but the other party needs to know that something is wrong as well.

With that said, I was happy to know that my email went to the “big cheese” at DTG and was promptly addressed. He oversaw the packaging personally to make sure that no mistakes were made and that the food being shipped would arrive the way it was intended. DTG tells me that they ship a sample package to themselves to their California location for inspection but didn’t notice what I was experiencing. Either way, I’m happy with their response and their restitution. Customer service is what sets any company apart from the rest these days and it’s appreciated now more than ever with this economy. Everybody wants to make sure they get what they pay for. I am still amazed by the food and am ecstatic that I am still losing weight eating this good. I’m 27 pounds from reaching my goal of being under 200 pounds. At 6.6 pounds per month that’s just 4 more months. I’m giving myself a new challenge in the hopes that by my birthday on November 7th of this year, I will be under 200 pounds!! Wish me luck and if you’re looking to increase your losses, start walking 30 minutes a day. I feel better and I know it’s helping me lose more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment