Sunday, June 7, 2009

What a wonderful weekend.

This was my first weekend back home since I left for vacation. It was nice to spend Friday night at home with the family. We all got to see watch a movie and share time together. I spent most of Saturday unpacking and washing clothes. I promised my son we would go to the theater...we all did and saw UP! Really enjoyed it, too. I was even able to work in a home improvement project by replacing the screen in our storm door. I just finished a Flat Iron steak with asparagus, onions and spinach and am settling in for the evening.

I looked at a treadmill today. There is a sweet old couple that lives across the street from us that are getting to the point where they can no longer use the stairs in their home. She explained yesterday that they were considering moving their sitting room from the upstairs to the first floor but they need to get rid of some stuff to do it. In addition to some furniture there is a wonderful Life Fitness T3 treadmill that has been barely used. I know she paid over $3000 for it several years ago and I'm thinking of bringing it in to my home now so I can walk in the morning. I wouldn't mind walking outside in the morning before work but I can't leave my son alone in the house just yet...he's only 6.

I must admit I ate some carbs this weekend that weren't on the plan. I don't know how it will impact my weight loss next week but I expect to just hit it hard and get back on the plan. It was a few stone ground crackers with some cheese. I also had a wheat tortilla with the hamburger patty from DTG. I may have even had a piece of chocolate, too. Whoops. Again, I'm not going to beat myself up over it...just jump back on the wagon tomorrow. While on the subject of food, I was confused by my most recent shipment. It appears they have either gone back to the old packaging as ALL of my meals were fully vacu-sealed instead of (what I thought was) the new method of just sealing plastic over the top of the container. Maybe they changed their mind about the newer packaging. Given a preferrence, I like the peal off lids rather than having to cut open the bag which tends to load with liquid and spills sometimes.

Thanks to all who gave words of encouragement as I find it better to know that there are others on the program. I have tried to leave comments on some of your blogs sites but for some reason I can't post. Don't know why. Please check me out on Facebook; search for Bo Boots Walker if you have an account. If not, create one and connect with tons of friends, colleagues and people of like minded interests. Diet To Go has a site filled with fans and don't forget to blog on their site as well. Now, how much should I give that nice old lady for the treadmill...

1 comment:

  1. Good idea not to beat yourself up...you are right, back to the grind!
    We are going to be using the sealed lids not the bags exclusively soon...thought you'd be happy to know! :) We like them much better, too!

    ReplyDelete