Monday, June 15, 2009

Jeez...has it been over a week since I posted.



Last week was a bear as my co-worker was on vacation. Yes, he had to do all my duties while I was gone too. I was pretty busy but I did have a productive week. Here are a few details. I bought a treadmill Thursday evening!!! My delightful, elderly neighbor paid over 3 grand for this pro-gear treadmill several years ago. I was able to pick it up (literally and figuratively) for $600. It was like wrestling an alligator to get it out of her house and across the street but I made it. No way I was going to walk on the thing that night but I did do 25 minutes on it Friday morning and posted another one pound loss so I'm at 227 and a total of 31 pounds!




I did a few home improvement projects over the weekend and even snuck in a bike ride. I saw some coffee-house improv Saturday night with a friend and enjoyed his company and some spirits. Sunday was a lazy day but not without it's drama. My wife's brand new car got side swiped while sitting on the street in front of my house in broad daylight. The car didn't stop but left a couple of parts behind so with some investigating, I'm hoping to find out the type of car and maybe even find it parked around the neighborhood. Sad and upsetting all at the same time.




I did 30 minutes on the treadmill to start my day this morning and I'm hoping I can start each morning this same way. Even my son is patting my belly and encouraging me to keep it up. With the new exercise routine and my DTG food I'm poised to knock off another 10 or so as soon as possible. I spent most of my downtime yesterday going through my closet as my double-extra-huge shirts just swamp me and I've easily dropped from 44's to loose 40's now so those pants and shorts have been put away. I'm hoping I have my "skinny" shorts and shirts tucked away somewhere because the closet and drawers are quite empty without the fat clothes in them.




Now is the time I really need to focus because this is the time I usually begin to slip back into old habits. It's been almost 5 months that I've been on the program and I know if I start to loosen the leash I will quickly back slide and be kicking myself for doing it. I think bringing on the exercise at this point in my weight loss was the right thing to do as it injects something new into my routine and will hopefully keep me focused and on track. Congrats to those who are also doing well on the program and for those who still think they can eat off the plan you need to re-focus and realize what you came to Diet to Go for. You wanted help and someone or something to guide you. You took the first step now trust the program and follow it to a tee...the weight will come off. There are too many success stories to think otherwise. You CAN do this and you have all the tools you need. It's much like a smoker though; they won't quit until they are truly ready to give it up. You have made that decision and accepted the help so stop thinking you can control it and give in to the program. It will take you there soon enough. Stick with it and good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Bo Congratulations on the 1 pound bringing your loss to 31 pounds, I know you are felling much better. I also believe with the new treadmill kicked into your routine you will begin to melt away. I do agree with you I came to diet-to-go because I was out of control. I'm not quite ready to be in charge of the food quite yet. I do have a vacation coming up and as you know logistically it will be easier to hold DTG for the 1 week. I'm nervous but when the time comes I'll take 1 meal, 1 day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the weight loss..and on beginning your exercise routine! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

    ReplyDelete