Saturday, June 20, 2009

Woke up way too early, couldn't go back to sleep.

Well it's just after 5am and while the rest of the family sleeps I'm typing away at the computer. I didn't post a loss this week but I did increase my activity. I'll chalk the no-loss up to "building muscle mass." I don't know if it's true but I'll fool myself into thinking that anyway. I was able to exercise on the treadmill M,T,W, and F. I cut the grass in near 100 degree heat so I will count that as exercise too. I'm planning on taking a walk this morning as well but will likely take Fathers Day off. I'm really liking the treadmill. I hop on with my IPoD and a cup of coffee and walk for about 35-40 minutes. It's a bit over a mile and a half by the time I've cooled down but I figure that's pretty good for just getting back into it. I've always been the type that sets unrealistic exercise goals therefore I never achieve them. I come out of the box great but the fervor wanes and I end up ditching it. I'm hoping that by walking 30 or more minutes in the morning before I get my son (and myself) off that it's just enough to keep me interested and enough exercise to lose some weight.

I'm still loving the DTG food. As I've said before, the low carb plan works for me. I'm still a bit disappointed in the packaging but I'm told by the folks at DTG that it too will change. They have been including a re-freezable gel pack in with the food. I'm not sure what it's for or if they've abandoned the dry ice all together but my meals are not as rock hard frozen as they've been in the past. Add to this the fact that whoever is packing the meals lays the trays on their side so now as the meal thaws it all slides to one side and the liquid leaks out of the tray and into the plastic vacu-sealed bag. I've received a combination of the vacu-sealed bag containers and the newer type where the plastic is just heat sealed over the top of the container. Some of the food this go around didn't even have labels on them. If I had my preference, I'd choose plastic sealed with the label on top so you can tell whats in it without having to turn it over and mess up the meal inside. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not Diet to Go calls me for for my packaging advice. LOL.

Happy Fathers Day! Bo

2 comments:

  1. Lol, a lot of my meals didn't have labels, either! I thought it would be no biggy and easy to tell what everything was... but I was wrong! I sometimes found myself thinking "oh this is good! I wonder what it is??" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo, Great job on the exercise, coffee with walking, man don't overheat. Never mind, I guess cutting grass in 100 degree temperatures has provided adequate preparation for your hot beverages while tread milling:)

    ReplyDelete