Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Apartment life sucks!


The transition from New Orleans to Mississippi is a slow process but we are making gradual progress. No sooner that we secure an apartment for my wife and son to live in while he begins first grade than we actually find a house to make an offer on. It couldn't happen soon enough for me. I've been in my home for 17 years and have forgotten how bad apartment life can be; dogs barking, paper thin walls, etc. It's all a bit much for me so finding a house has just moved up the priority list for me. Granted, I don't live there full time...neither does my wife, yet but even staying there a couple nights on the weekends while we look at homes is enough to turn me off. The woman that lives above us has two little yappy dogs that will bark at anything. Couple that with her obvious size 12 concrete shoes that she walks in and the fact that she gets up for work at 1:30am and you've got a recipe for a very unhappy tenant--ME! We do have an offer in on a really nice home with what I'm calling a "garage-mahal" in the back. Keep your fingers crossed
that they accept our offer so we can move!




Diet wise I'm doing well. I'm keeping up with my exercise and sticking to the meal plan as best I can. As previously mentioned, I went to 5 days a week, down from 7 so I'm providing a few meals on my own. As long as I can stick to the low/no carb regimen, I think I'll be OK. I'm at 222.5 or so and hoping I can drop into the teens very soon. I feel better than I've felt in a long time and it's all due to the weight loss, eating plan and exercise. Unfortunately when we let these things slide we end back up where we started; tens of pounds overweight, eating poorly and not exercising. Then we can't seem to figure out why we feel so bad. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    Beautiful house and garage, good luck on getting your new home. Congratulations on doing so well with the program and weight loss. You'll be in the teens in no time. Reading your post I had forgotten apartment living. In my early years of marriage before children you might say I was a bit of a long hair hippie type in the early 70's.

    I had a barber chair as one of my decorative pieces of furniture. Every time a friend or guest came by our apartment they'd jump in the chair and pump it up and ride down. One day two neighbors were arguing about each making too much noise. I didn't know the fella that lived under me and he told the other neighbor "you think you have noise problems, the guy above me jumps around all day on a pogo stick!) Of course there was no pogo stick only the rhythmic noises and vibration of the heavy barber chair as it was pumped up and let down, over and over. Your neighbor with the size 12 concrete shoes might just have a barber chair.

    I really wasn't a great neighbor back then. The next set of tenants below me were treated to me occasionally custom painting motorcycle gas tanks with an air brush powered by a small miller 2000 compressor on my covered dining room table with an opened screen balcony door and fan blowing fumes outside. Ah, those were the days not a care in the world.

    ReplyDelete