Thursday, January 29, 2009

The food is here...THE FOOD IS HERE!!!!!

I feel like Steve Martin in the movie The Jerk when the phone books arrived. I had to restrain myself from running around like that because I was at work. I opened the box just to check it all out and was fascinated by the packaging. There was a small box on top that contained some fresh fruit and condiments. Below a large Styrofoam sheet was the rest of my booty. The food was nicely packaged and still well frozen. I haven’t had a chance to go through it all but instead just placed everything in the beer…er uh, spare refrigerator until I could sort it all out.



So here’s how I figure I can show my progress each week. I’ll put the date and weight on a piece of paper and take a front and side shot. Yeah, I’m pretty proud of these two pics. I’m using my home scale and weighing in the clothes you see on me. 258…geez, and I used to think 220 was outrageous. I’d kill to wiggle my nose and have 38 pounds gone but I gotta tell ya; if all I have to do is eat the food being sent to me each week to get there, I’m in!
My first meal was fabulous! I downloaded the menus from the Diet To Go website. I just printed them all and saved the PDF for future reference if needed. I searched to find the Orange Roughy with coos coos and vegetables. Being from Louisiana I’ve caught and eaten a ton of catfish, redfish and trout but I have no idea what a roughy looks like. I know it tastes pretty good though. White, flakey and very moist it sucks up the seasoning and went great with the side dishes. Of course I sprinkled some Cajun spices on it but when I finished I was not only surprised by the large portion but didn’t feel the anxiety of wondering if this would be enough for me. It was. Oh, I finally realized that the food labels are on the BOTTOM of the dish...no more guessing.

I’ll get a better look at things over the weekend but I feel this diet is going to be better than anything I’ve done in the past. It’s not even close to any of the popular packaged food programs…a few dollars more but definitely worth it. Not feeling good about these pictures but hopefully in a few short weeks I’ll look and feel a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bo,

    Steve here and it's all in your perspective, from my view point 258 looks great, however I started with diet-to-go almost two weeks ago at 407. The first week I lost 8 pounds. I think you will find the food very enjoyable. I too, also spice things up a bit with some hot sauce. I live in Md so I'm able to pick my food up without the freeze it just gets sorted and placed in the fridge. I'm guessing yours gets freezed briefly for the shipment, however it's still fresh food prepared daily. It’s really nice not having to mix anything up because it’s all ready to go. Another benefit is for my wife, she doesn’t have to make any meals for me, after 36+ years of marriage and making meals, she’s delighted.

    Best of luck with your journey!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete