Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm getting closer to the big reveal.


With my order in the pipeline at Diet To Go I'm thinking hard on how best to document my transition from chubby hubby to slim Jim...except my name is Bo. Any way, I promise to spare you all the bare belly shots. Frankly, I scare myself with my shirt off so I don't feel the need to subject anyone else to it but I do want to find a way to show my bulk in the beginning and any progress as I shed those excess pounds. I took the family to the big car show in the Superdome today and asked my wife to shoot a few full length shots of me using the show cars as a backdrop. When I got home and looked them over a few things became clear; my wife is still an awful photographer and I still hate to see myself in photographs. Ask any fat person and they will tell you the same thing. There may be a handful of pictures that they actually think are good but for the most part we avoid them like the plague.





I've decided to set up a static shot in the same area of my home so I can get repeatable succes when shooting a picture of myself. I plan on using a tripod and autotimer to shoot some before, during and after shots to show my progress. This way I won't bother anyone to help me and I can be assured that I get the same photograph each and every time. I think once a week should suffice to see any changes. I think getting a full set of measurements plus my starting weight and updating them once every couple of weeks should be just fine as well. (I'll take any suggestions, too) I'm just figuring out these blog functions; uploading photos, hyperlinks and the like but I'll post what I can when I have it and am really anxious for my first box to arrive...and yes, that is the Mach 5 behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment