Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

First, let me catch you up on where I stand. Last Thursday I did weigh in but couldn't post a loss...no gain but no loss so I didn't Bog that day. I have been extremely busy trying to prepare for my trip on the 22nd. It has taken most of my weekends and several days during the week to get ready but I've been able to stick to my meal plan pretty well. I've decided I'm not going to try and travel with my food and luckily, DTG doesn't seem to mind if you stop and restart so I plan of putting my order on "pause" for the week I'll be gone and resume it when I get back. It should be easily accomplished through the Internet or with a simple phone call. DTG's customer service is very good unlike some of the other diet plans out there.

Now, to mothers day. I'm fortunate that I still have my mom. As mentioned, I lost my dad better than a dozen years ago. We all miss him and I'm sure we will talk about him often today. I am cooking a late lunch for my mom, her friend, my sister and of course my wife and son. The menu is certainly something I could eat with a few exceptions but I plan on heating my DTG meal and eating with them. Grilled chicken, cheesy vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) with a garden salad and some garlic bread is the fare for them. It just so happens that I too will be having chicken.

My initial fascination with green beans for breakfast is waning as it's just not that appetizing that early in the morning but for the most part I am really enjoying the low carb meals. I still get surprised by the variety and flavors put in that little tub. Last night's salmon and vegetables was delicious. The pot roast was fantastic as was the prime rib. I also want to say hi to some of my new followers who have decided to blog along with starting their DTG plan. I think it's a great way to chronicle your experience and will help keep you honest in the long run. Please remember to turn your comments on so we can respond to your postings and good luck. It's an amazing journey and it's well worth it.

Happy Moms Day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bo! Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I read a lot of your old posts and they were very inspiring, which is part of the reason I decided to blog about my diet. Good luck with your week off the diet, I don't know how well I would do, but know I will be in that situation at some point, also. Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete