Monday, May 4, 2009

Made it through the weekend pretty well.

Friday after work I went to my buddy's house to work on our motorcycles as we get ready for our trip. I brought my DTG food with me and ate with his family...flatiron steak with asparagus was pretty darn good!

We had an early rise Saturday morning to get to Mississippi and meet with the Realtor. We saw almost 20 houses in about 6 hours. We stopped for lunch at (almost) world famous BBQ joint "The Shed." I would have loved to have had a big sloppy pulled pork BBQ sandwich but opted for just the brisket meat and some coleslaw. It was terrific, too. We were home in enough time for me to have DTG but I couldn't have been more proud that I made some good decisions at lunch that afternoon.

Sunday was another early day for me as it was back to the grind...literally. We were working on the trailer getting it ready to roll so we were welding and grinding and cutting and bolting and painting. It was hard work in the warm sun but I kept hydrated and believe I only ate 2 meals on Sunday.

I had a talk with my rather large co-worker today about the low carb plan. I believe it would benefit him as well because it CAN be easy to lose weight IF you follow the rules. He's on insulin among other things to control his sugars. I hope I can convince him that losing some weight and controlling his sugars could add years to his life. If you too are dealing with poor health because your weight I can't recommend Diet To Go enough. The food is great tasting and they send you everything you need to assure success. I get new lab work tomorrow and I'll have the results when I see my doctor next Monday. I really hoping to see some positive results this go around.

1 comment:

  1. Way to stick to the plan, Bo. I'm sure you'll have good lab results because of it.

    ReplyDelete