Thursday, April 30, 2009

So much to be thankful for...so much.


Well, I feel I've hit a milestone in my quest for health and fitness. I've lost a total of almost 25 pounds as this morning I was 233.4 pounds. I feel better, I look better and I have people commenting more frequently now. I'm also wearing smaller clothes. I have several reasons to be thankful. One is that my company laid off almost 1000 more employees on Tuesday bringing to total to almost 3000 in the last three months...I'm thankful I have a job. I'm also thankful for my family. It was my wife's birthday yesterday and my son and I baked a cake for her simply enjoying each others company. Oddly, I didn't feel the need to reward myself with a slice but I hear it is wonderful. I am also thankful for Diet To Go. Here is why.

I want to talk specifically about the food in a bit but even my wife commented that I have never been so satisfied while on other programs. Honestly; tonight's meal of chicken wings and drumettes with a delicious blue cheese dipping sauce plus this fabulous artichoke heart and ham salad was incredibly satisfying. I mean, I felt like I was eating some good old fashion comfort food and my wife said I don't remember you licking your fingers on Nutri System or any other diet for that fact. The light bulb went off in my head...she was right and the fact that the meals are so good and so close to what I could fix myself or order in any restaurant made me believe that I can make it. I've eaten some incredibly tasty and satisfying meals over the last several weeks and I don't recall having that satisfying feeling AND losing weight at the same time.

I had a beef short rib with bordelaise sauce and celery puree that you'd swear was mashed potato's. The bordelaise was as good as I've had in any five star restaurant and I've eaten in a few. The Wasabi Catfish and Oriental Pea Puree with Stir Fry Veggies was another surprise. It was flavorful and moist and the "food designers" at DTG have put together combinations that I would never have come up with. I am really enjoying the new menu's!

I'm also thankful for the new packaging. I feel DTG is listening to me when I comment on something that just isn't quite right. Last week I wrote an email to Rachel at DTG warning of the potential hazard that the dry ice causes on their packaging. It appears that when the dry ice back is placed directly on the food after its packed it makes (a part of) the container brittle and it can shatter into the food. I came accross a couple of pieces last week and was thankful I didn't choke on it. It appears they have headed the warning because this week the dry ice bag was on the bottom (instead of on top) and the food was in a large foil-looking bag with packaging pillows on top and then sealed. They even have a new way of sealing the meals! Instead of just vacu-sealing them in a bag with the label on the bottom (which makes it awkward to figure out what's in it without turning it over---if thawed, it makes a mess) they now simply heat seal a clear plastic cover over the top of the container and the label has been moved to the top which makes it easy to see the food and read the label. Bravo!

So, I know it's not Thanksgiving but I have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy these fine photos of a much thinner, healthier and better feeling man.















For comparison, below is my first photo at 258.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring! You don't know me but I have been following your blog and have now started my own journey with Diet To Go! I am hoping to be as successful a you. :)

    ReplyDelete