Friday, April 24, 2009

3 pounds this week!!!

I really wish I had more time to blog but with my wife's car breaking down and a fun-filled work week I've been really busy. The problem is I, I am really excited about the meal low carb plan and want to share my thoughts with you. I mean, I'll eat something really delicious and should follow my instinct to post a blog but something always jumps in the way. Granted, I haven't been using the toaster over very often (that came in so handily on the low fat plan) but there are a few things that are just killer when put under the broiler. Like the half-chicken...seriously, that was a meal one night; a half chicken with the skin on! I microwaved the meal to get it warm and finished it off under the broiler to crisp up the skin...crunchy good and of course full of flavor.

The beef short rib(s) in creamy mushroom sauce was only missing a couple of things...a couple more of those tender-tasty ribs. WOW! Breakfast has been wonderful. It's usually some form of eggs; fried, quiche, omelet, etc. and then some form of meat (and vegetable) sausage link, patty or bacon. I hit it with a few dashes of hot sauce and man, that's some good eatin'...even the pork chop! The baked chicken stuffed with goat cheese was a crowd pleaser as well.

If I can avoid the sweet stuff and munch on some raw veggies, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs or cheese sticks when I feel snackish I'll be just fine. I don't miss the bread...yet, and I've somehow been able to avoid the "sweets-fest" at night enjoyed by my wife and kid. Have I mentioned that my sugars have been almost 30-40 points down from the low fat plan. I've been amazed that I've had a couple of readings in the "one-oh somethings" instead of 140-150 and beyond. And yes, I lost 3 pounds this week bringing me to a total of 23 pounds.

I promise to post some pictures as soon as I can because others are starting to really notice but this weekend will be pretty busy as I'm working to get my motorcycle together for my upcoming trip out west and we have to pick up our NEW car this weekend as well. Not to mention that my sister-in-law is in town for opening weekend of the NO Jazz and Heritage Festival. Oh, and the Zurich classic (for you Golf fans) is also in town. I'm really motivated to have 30 pounds off of me by the time I leave for vacation next month! Thanks DTG.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! So glad to hear you've found a DTG plan that suits you well and is healthier for your blood sugars. And three pounds to boot...go Bo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo

    Congratulations on your 3 pound loss, looks like the low carb plan is right for you.
    I'm betting you make the 30 pounds with no problem.

    ReplyDelete