Sunday, April 26, 2009

Great weekend...great weekend.

With everything that is happening in NO this weekend it's no wonder the masses had a good weekend. The weather was pretty good and opening weekend of Jazz Fest was a success...as usual. I have my sister-in-law in town for the Fest so we are were all pretty busy. I got up early and went to work on my dirt bike rebuilding the carb...and it actually ran when i put it back together. Then, my wife decided on a new vehicle so we went and purchased that. I'd forgotten how exhausting the "back room" can be but we made it through.

After a Starbucks and omelet with sausage breakfast I loaded up the bikes and Trikkes in my truck before we had to return the rental car and then went to the Lakefront for a family outing. It was quite windy but I managed to ride a few miles before we packed it in. I'm counting this as exercise...of course. I came home and was motivated to install a bicycle hanger that I'd bought years ago. It's one of those deals where you can hoist the bike up and out of the way with the pull of a string. I then ran my generator (a must if you want to keep it healthy for hurricane season) and pressure washed some brick on the north side of my house...I'm counting that as exercise to, right.

Lets get down to the food. Again, I am really impressed with low carb menus. They are increasingly flavorful and filling. Tonight's whitefish and wasabi (not really wasabi but mashed peas with some heat) was really good. I really enjoyed the beef patty with cheese on top and vegetables, too. I'm hoping for another good week and another good loss so hang in there and I promise, barring emergency, I will post some new pictures...have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment