Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This IS the stimulus plan for me.

As you have all read in previous posts, I really enjoyed the low fat meal plan from DTG but the Low Carb menu is the plan for me. I have noticed a real difference in the way I feel just from the 5 days I've been on it. I am less hungry because the protein fills me up and I find my energy level has really increased. I've followed the Atkins/Sugarbusters/South Beach plan before...years ago before going to Cancun on vacation. I dropped 15 or so pounds real quick. I wouldn't say I was ripped in a swimsuit but I felt less fat knowing I had lost a few before stripping down by the pool. What I'm realizing now is this is how I will need to eat for the rest of my life. My blood sugars have dropped from the 140's and 150's to the 120's. I get new blood work next month and can't wait to see what my fasting A1C readings will be.

The food is really well seasoned. I'm learning to love green beans with every meal including breakfast...OK, love may be a bit strong. But, to quote any chef in America today; "fat is flavor" and let's just say this diet has plenty of flavor. I love having bacon...even on things I wouldn't think need bacon. Cheese is abundant as are the different spices used in this meal plan...as opposed to the low fat variety. I am looking forward to what comes next as everything I've eaten so far; green beans and broccoli included have been really good. The breakfast Quiche had a chubby little sausage with is and lunch was a delightful chicken breast with bacon, pesto sauce and veggies seasoned to perfection. Tonight's stuffed flounder was much better than I expected it would be with a small fillet of flounder stuffed with a well seasoned mixture of other kinds of seafood...with the requisite green beans and cauliflower.

I'd be feeling a whole lot better if I didn't have to write a very large check to our commander in chief to blow on stimulus packages...so I didn't. I wrote a very large check to myself...rather my financial advisor. I made the maximum contribution to my IRA and reduced my tax liability considerably so for those of you last minute filers looking for a break consider paying yourself instead of the government and feel better about your retirement years as they are approaching faster day by day. Happy Tax day...

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    You sure make that low carb plan look awful good!!! Especially for a guy that would fight for a piece of bacon that was part of the approved diet, woops lifestyle change. I hope you have a big loss this week. Enjoy some of that gooey cheese for me. You never know depending on how you do, I may need to consider jumping ship.

    ReplyDelete