Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crawfish...the Lobster of Louisiana!



I know, I know...Diet to go doesn't have a crawfish dish (yet) so yes, I ate off the plan but there was no avoiding it this weekend. The Home and Garden show was in the Superdome this weekend...has nothing to do with crawfish but i stuck to the program Saturday. But, the Louisiana crawfish festival was this weekend (actually Thursday through Sunday) in St. Bernard Parish. This area was devastated by Katrina and under at least a dozen feet of water for days on end. The fact that it has recovered and still has it's festival is a miracle. No, I didn't eat crawfish there either but our company picnic was this weekend north of Denham Springs, La. and there was a couple hundred pounds boiled there and I definitely ate some mudbugs after a long 100 mile motorcycle ride.

The weather was gorgeous after several days of torrential rains and thunderstorms. Clear blue skies, breezy and temps in the 70's all day. Now, for those of you that don't get the whole "suck the head and pinch the tail" thing, let me explain it to you. We basically eat crawfish until they're out of season or until you're absolutely sick of them...whichever comes first. Being that it's late March I'm surprised that I've only had 2 occasions to enjoy them...and enjoy them I did. I'm hoping my caloric intake for the day stayed under 1800 calories by skipping dinner and just having the crawfish (and a couple of oat sodas) for lunch and skipping dinner. I'll let you know next week if it worked out for me. Luv dem crawfish now.

2 comments:

  1. Bo, don't feel bad, I had my own "lapse" this weekend as well. You can read about it here: http://vickislastchance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Is that Diet-to-Go?! Just kidding! We fully expect people to take a break. If you are on it most of the time, you should enjoy a break here and there and not feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete