Monday, March 2, 2009

Must every week begin with Monday?

Mondays can really be a bear sometimes. It wasn't that it was so much stressful but just longer than I'd hoped it would be. Happy to be home and done with it. I must have missed a breakfast while I was sick last week so I ate the Parfait and Granola for breakfast today. I really must rethink cornbread muffins for breakfast because I really do enjoy when I get them. It's a nice compliment to whatever breakfast is. Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich with some kind of mushroom salad and peach pudding. I popped the sandwich in my toaster oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and enjoyed the ham and cheese goodness of the sandwich but just couldn't get past the sweetness of the pre-grilled bread it was on. It's the same bread used for French Toast and has something sweet about it that wasn't sitting well with the savory ham and cheese. Hungry; I ate it but would have preferred a simple rye or sour dough bread. Not being a fan of mushrooms, I quickly pitched that but enjoyed the fruit pudding...almost cobbleresque. Tonight's meal of Red Fish and Creamy Polenta was very good. It came with a side of broccoli, breadsicks and angel food cake. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat the cake now and put this day to bed. I think I've had all the Monday I can stand for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment