Thursday, March 12, 2009

"one less pound to drag around."




Well I’m down a full 15 pounds now and can feel it in the way my clothes are fitting. My FBP’s (Fat Boy Pants) are fitting more loosely now and I can see a difference in my face. Yes, FBP’s…it a term coined by my old partner while on the radio. Her husband began putting on some pounds and she mentioned that he had to go to Sears and but some FBP’s. Now I’d never heard it put that way but I knew exactly what he was getting and the angst he felt having to buy them. I would always sell or get rid of all my “fat” clothes when I lost weight thinking I’ll never let myself get that big again only to have to buy an even larger waist size than before. It’s crippling having to check out with a new pair of FBP’s because you’ve told yourself that you’ll never do it again. I felt shame and was embarrassed. You know, kind of like when you’re buying feminine products for your wife or condoms or a nudie magazine…”I’ll have this pack of chick-lets, a pocket comb and the latest issue of ‘Big Ones’ please.” You know like the counter help doesn’t think it’s for you…”hmmmm, fat boy pants, flip-flops and sunglasses; he must be buying these for his chubby cousin so they can go to the beach.” Yeah, right. I’m hoping to get back into my “skinny pants.” Don’t you all have a pair of those? You know, that one pair that you looked really good in and keep telling yourself you are going to wear again. Trust me, by the time you get back in them those Jordache jeans will be back in style again.


Hey, my food shipment arrived on time and without damage today. It was packed even better than the week before where just the lid got crushed. This time they took a piece of card board and placed it over the top as before but this time kept it a bit long and bent it over the sides about 4 inches as well. No damage!! You’ll also be happy to know that my trash compactor is running like new again after a week on the fritz. I got my parts in and changed out the gear myself. I figure I saved at least a hundred bucks on a service call for repair. I know, you’ll all sleep better tonight knowing my trash compactor is back smashing trash. I’ve got a full weekend. The Audubon Zoo has a Dinosaur exhibit and the media preview is Friday night. I had a cool band come in to cut a commercial for their gig at the Howlin Wolf later that night. I think I’ll check them out. Saturday, my wife and I are planning on attending one of my sons friends birthday party…they are serving crawfish and yes, I’m planning on having some. Later that night is Super cross in the Superdome!!!!! All the top riders roosting at an indoor arena. Sunday I plan on taking my dirt bike to my friend and riding partner Kirk’s house as we prepare for our annual ride out west in May. We are bringing a third person with us so we need to plan out how to pack the bikes and all our gear on the trailer and in the truck. Might be tight but we are starting early in case we have to make any other arrangements. Have a great weekend!




4 comments:

  1. I have numerous sizes of clothes in my closet, from the most "skinny" all the way to the FGC (fat girl clothes). Here's hoping you're out of the FBP's real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never get rid of jeans. That's the rule I learned almost 20 years ago. Okay, except for those acid-washed ones with the holes in the knees that we used to wear over long underwear. Ahh, the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the 15 pound loss Bo.
    As time goes by, you'll continue eating good food and steadily melt away into those bell bottom pants. Wops, you're too young, that's my generation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bo- your weight loss is noticable in your picture. 15 pounds down...keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete