Monday, March 9, 2009

I know, we look like pro's right?

Well, I survived the weekend without hurting myself too bad. Saturday’s motorcycle ride on the trails of Mississippi went well and was as enjoyable as any other time as we had beautiful weather and the spills weren’t too serious. We all fall…it’s just a matter of what and how you hit when you go down. I’ll live. I brought my DTG sandwich out there and ate it like before. The only thing I did differently was instead of stopping for breakfast I boiled some eggs and brought an apple to eat in the truck on the way out. It gave me plenty of protein and energy to ride and make it to lunch.



I was dog tired and with the time change it felt good to sleep in. After my morning Starbucks, I had to get to work on fixing my trash compactor. It’s just over one year old and the PLASTIC gear that drives it broke. I looked at the local home improvement stores but figured they wouldn’t stock it…I ordered it online. With 3 day shipping (since it broke last Wednesday and there is still garbage in the hopper) and the pasts it was about $40 I didn’t want to spend but had to. I know what I’ll be doing Thursday evening.


My son asked me a few days back if he could play Tennis. I think he must have seen a small boy playing at the courts right around the corner from our home. While we were out parts hunting we went to the local sporting goods store and $100 later we had rackets, balls, headbands and new shoes…it’s not really a sport if it doesn’t require special footwear, right? I know, I was bitching about the 40 bucks I spent to repair the trash masher but come on; if I could have picked it up at the sporting goods store I wouldn’t have thought twice about it. It’s not unusual for me to drop a Benjamin in there at every visit.


I certainly didn’t want to wait for a court and then have someone else wait on me as I struggle through swatting at balls with my son who’s never before even touched a racket so I opted to find someplace where we could freely hit the ball with no pressure of being hurried or judge for our poor skills. I tell you all of this because even after being sore from Saturday’s ride, I still managed to run down errant balls so I’m counting this as EXERCISE! I’ve been having some trouble getting started on my Powerslide. I was sick when it arrived and just didn’t have the energy to effectively muster a work out and I have yet to find a good place in the house to put it because I don’t want to have to pack it up every day either. Excuses yes, but I’m hoping my son will push me to want to play tennis with him a couple nights a week too.


Today was a typical Monday and no real surprises meal wise at work. I love the blueberry pancakes; a substitution for something with artichokes as I recall and the roast turkey sandwich for lunch...toasted nicely with a piece of Swiss cheese. When I got home, I saw my wife stopped for boiled shrimp…how could I not peel a couple as an appetizer. I know they’re not part of the meal plan but I’m a southern boy…It’s SHRIMP! I’m already preparing myself for a crawfish boil this weekend. I’m not sure I’ll be able to resist those delicious mudbugs and maybe a bottle of cold suds. I’m only human, right?

3 comments:

  1. Bo,

    You guys are looking very sharp. Way to go on finding a way to make exercise fun. Sporting goods - $100 Bucks, Memories - Priceless.
    Bo, I'm seeing less of you in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't think of a better way to exercise! To be able to spend time with your son is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bo- Hudson's outfit is GREAT! He's adorable! I love the sweatbands and you both look sharp. It's a great way to exercise, for both of you!

    ReplyDelete