Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hornets win by 12!!!


For not being a basketball fan my son and I had a great time last night at the Hornets vs. Grizzlies in the Arena. Of course he came home with a jersey and basketball; he’s a fan now! Three good seats fell into my lap at the last minute so me, a good friend and my son took our place in the crowd and had a wonderful time. He shared Nachos with my friend and had cotton candy…I didn’t have a single chip this time but I did indulge in a few adult beverages while there. What a great night.












Have I mentioned how much I really like the food in week 5? This morning’s breakfast pie was delicious right out of the toaster oven as was the Tuscan boats. These savory filled potato skins are perfect with a few grinds of pepper but I really love the side dish of whole grains and cranberries. It has a wonderful flavor and is filling when washed down with the smoothie. Tonight’s dinner of Turkey Salisbury with green beans and mashed potato’s is good old fashioned comfort food.









I’m counting the hoops my son and I shot with his new official Hornets basketball and cutting the grass as exercise as I have yet to start my Powerslide program. Shortly after I started DTG, I had an MRI of my left knee. It showed I have a Plica Band issue that causes my knee to become inflamed and is quite painful. Since the Powerslide requires a lateral motion I have yet to feel comfortable with my knee to attempt a long session. My wife will be out of town all next week so I’m going to roll it out and leave it out (she hates the house junked up, right) in the hopes that I will use it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. If the weather is as nice as it was today I think I’ll take another bike ride.

1 comment:

  1. Bo,

    It sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise just going to all the activities with your son. The grass in Maryland has not needed to be cut yet, however I'm sure it's right around the corner. You guys try to keep the place clean while Mom's away, I'm sure the Powerslide is the only mess you guys will make:)

    ReplyDelete