Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hey, I got a compliment too!

It's been said that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I wouldn't say I'm skinny just yet but I am noticing changes in my body and apparently other may be too. I spent most of the afternoon with a friend and colleague. I told him about my Diet To Go adventures and he admitted that he could see some changes since the last time we'd seen each other. My wife has commented too. It feels good to know you're on the right path and that small pat on the head can be just enough to keep you going when you may feel like cheating.

The food the last couple of days has been pretty good. I was able to combine two lunches to make one that I enjoyed very much. I must have missed a couple of meals being sick so I had a leftover Turkey burger on Multi grain roll plus the Mirkin burger. I ate the Mirkin burger (basically a bunch of grains held together by a moist stuffing) and pitched the roll. I heated the Turkey burger and MG bun, added the cheese, salsa cup and ate that too. I wasn't crazy about the sesame noodle thing but the melon medly was just right. The Italian Chicken and cous cous with green beans was really good. It included a large flat of focaccia bread; I cut it in half. I was surprised again by breakfast as the Omelet Pomodoro was very tastly. I eggs once warmed were moist and fluffy and the spinich and cheese sauce was creamy and delicious. Totally great with the morning Star Bucks. I brought my lunch to a friends house so I didn't get to prepare it the way I would like to have. I just microwaved the Meatloaf sub insyead of using the toaster oven. Hosed down with BBQ sauce; it was good. The creamy corn and peas salad didn't do it for me but the strawberries were sweet and delicious. I love the way DTG does Mexican and the burrito is no different. Creamy refried beans, spicy rice and fajita veggies with a large stuffed buritto. It came complete with a dollup of sour cream and a nice pico de gallo. Really love the carb dishes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment