Thursday, February 26, 2009





According to my new scale I’ve lost a total of 13 pounds. Not too bad for a month, right? As I start my fifth week, my box arrived again pretty well crushed. None of the food was totally thawed or damaged but the carton was broken and a bit unsettling to look at. It’s precious cargo after all. I feel if the packaging department would put a single sheet of cardboard on top of the insulated chest before strapping on the box of food extras the chest would remain intact. Just a thought.


Breakfast was better than I expected as I’ve mentioned, eggs rarely come out very good once they’ve been frozen but the omelet and a half was moist, not rubbery and delightfully seasoned with a ratatouille sauce and a few small spears of asparagus. Lunch was even better with my new toaster oven. I put the Turkey Ham Salad sandwich open faced under the broiler for a few minutes and the Pretzel Roll crisped right up. I put the small cup of Lentil chili right on the sandwich and hit it with a couple of shots of hot sauce. I don’t know whether I was really hungry but the combination of flavors was irresistible. I saved the little package of string cheese for an afternoon snack. When I got home I quickly unpacked my food shipment and took out a few meals for later in the week. Tonight’s entrée of baked salmon with stuffed baked potato and baby carrots tasted much better than it smelled. I recall a couple of weeks ago when the Herbed baked salmon smelled very fishy and was unappetizing to the point that I couldn’t eat it. As I micro waved tonight’s salmon dish I smelled the same strong fishy aroma but was happy to report that the entire meal was awesome! The salmon was perfectly seasoned with a real buttery finish. The stuffed baked potato was delicate and creamy and included he skin…my favorite part. I love the sweet little baby carrots too. It finished with a sweet little pineapple crisp. Again, a really solid and flavorful meal that makes it hard to believe that I’m trying to lose weight here. It’s a good thing the scale doesn’t lie because I’ve lost 13 pound over the last 4 weeks and I can’t say I’ve done anything unusually difficult to drop that weight. I have to keep telling myself it’s a marathon and not a sprint. I need to slow down and let the meal plan do its thing. Thank you DTG for getting me started in such a big way!

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    Congratulations on your 13 pound loss! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete