Sunday, February 1, 2009

I finally found something I don't like.


Wow, what a great day. I’ve been an avid motorcyclist since I was 10 years old; that’s when my father bought me my first motorcycle…much to the dismay of my mother. “He’s gonna kill himself on that thing!” My father assured her he would fix the situation tomorrow. My mom thinking the bike was going back to wherever he bought it was floored when instead; he came home with one for himself. That was my dad.

The day was beautiful with temps in the mid 60’s and clear blue skies. Oddly when we arrived at the trail head we were shocked to see we were the only ones out there. Being that we have to drive from New Orleans to just north of Biloxi, Mississippi to ride, we’re rarely the first ones there but we had this 14 mile trail loop to ourselves the entire day. Thankfully we all rode well and no one was hurt when they fell…notice I said “they” I didn’t take a spill the entire day. That’s not typical, mind you but I was having a really good day of riding. I intended to rise early and eat the omelet and artichokes Saturday morning but by the time I was ready to leave I simply wasn’t hungry and didn’t want to force myself to eat. I grabbed the turkey sandwich and an orange and hit the road.

I picked up my riding partner Kirk and let him know that we should plan on stopping for breakfast as we usually do but I was planning on ordering healthier. We both had 2 poached eggs; ham and a slice of wheat toast…NO hash browns, biscuits or grits, just a glass of 2% milk. We picked up Kirks son along the way and headed to the trail site. After the first “lap” we broke for lunch. They brought sandwich meat and bread to make their sandwiches and I opened mine. I poured off some of the excess liquid from the “mushroom” salad and put that right on the multi-grain bun. I added the mayonnaise packet and enjoyed the fine tasting meal. Of course I regaled my riding partners of the Diet to Go program as I cut up the orange…they were both equally impressed with the plan. Kirk’s son is a bachelor and commented that he wouldn’t have to buy any food from the grocery if he did that. I told him that they ship it all except for the milk which is odd that they don’t because I’ve had milk from a half pint carton since school lunch. Maybe the extra 7 pounds or so raises the shipping cost too much…I don’t know.

Well, I’ve finally found something I didn’t really care for. No, it wasn’t last night’s dinner of macaroni and cheese with broccoli and carrots. That was AWESOME! I feed my own kid worse Mac-n-cheese. The container it comes in has two sections; one larger than the other. I would have thought the serving of vegetables would be in the large side…they must have made a mistake because the macaroni and cheese was a very large portion. Granted I have no problem eating an entire box by myself in the past but the meal was tasty and filling…good comfort food for sure. I decided to eat the omelet and artichokes Sunday morning. Sorry, I just couldn’t do the artichokes. For those that love them I’m sure you’d be quite happy but for me I can only handle a couple in a salad not an entire serving. The omelet was good with fresh peppers, onions and cheese but by the time it was micro waved to the desired temperature the excess liquid pooled in the bottom and simply wasn’t as appetizing as I would have liked. I don’t think any measure of hot sauce or Cajun seasonings would have saved this one for me. To be fair, no other diet plan gets eggs right. Most are powdered and not worth eating. At least DTG has cooked them for you and it looks like a real omelet. I hear I can call or email DTG and ask that I not be sent that again and it will never arrive in my shipments so I’ll get to check out the substitution process this week and let you know.

As far as the Superbowl goes I don’t really have a horse in this race so I’m hoping the game is good and not a blowout…something worth watching, ya know. I’ll TIVO it to skip the boring parts or rerun a good commercial but I’m happy my wife nixed the idea of having friends over for a party. I have a better chance of sticking to the plan this way. Regardless, I think Pittsburg wins their sixth championship although I’d like to see Kurt and the Cardinals win their first. Keep in mind, the Saints have only won 5 playoff games in their franchise history so I’m rooting for the underdog…hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment