Monday, February 2, 2009

...and something may have disliked me!


Wow, how about that Superbowl; just what I had hoped for, a competitive game! I'm counting cleaning my filthy motorcycle as exercise, by the way. It was caked in mud and grime and took me almost 2 hours to clean it...with a pressure washer. Now, anyone who knows me will tell you I'm not a stickler for cleaning bikes. Polishing chrome is the reason I got away from riding cruiser style bikes. I wash my motorcycles twice a year whether they need it or not. It needed it and it got it; shouldn't have to wash that one until about July or so now. Kidding of course. I pulled out my generator and ran it for 10 or 15 minutes too. If you live in hurricane country you have to have a generator and you have to keep it in good running order for when you need it. It only takes losing everything you have in your refrigerator(s) one time and you'll invest in a generator. I also bought a small window unit so I can keep at least one room icy cold during the peak summer hurricane months. When the last two came through (Ike and Gustov) I stayed home to protect my property while my family evacuated. Generator...gooood.


As I settled in to watch all the pregame stuff I TIVO'd and had a lunch of Chicken Pesto Sub & Swiss on Wheat roll with Chicken & Spinach side salad, Melon Mix and chocolate pudding. It was after 3pm by the time I got around to fixing this and it seemed like enough food to satisfy my hunger after burning all those calories earlier. I toasted the bread and heated the chicken breast and cheese; slathered the pesto aioli on it and enjoyed it. The chickpea & spinach...not so much but I ate it. It was mostly a texture issue for me. After thawing, the spinach was soggy and it just was something I didn't enjoy. The melon mix was very good...sweet honeydew, cantaloupe and grapes, very tasty. The Chocolate pudding...good as always and curbs the sweet tooth. I saved it and ate it after dinner.


For dinner I heated and eated (I know) the Vegetarian Spaghetti pie and cauliflower. I'm not sure what makes it "pie" but it tasted like Ragu over pasta with lots of Mozzarella cheese. I hit it with a few grinds of pepper and it, along with the sweet tasting cauliflower, went down just fine. Unfortunately, something was not happy with the party in my tummy. I can't pin anything directly on the food but my stomach began to gurgle and I spent the remainder of the evening on and off of the porcelain throne. Thank God for TIVO...didn't miss a minute of the game or commercial...not that this years batch were worth watching. (Bud horses? Who cares!) I finally took some of the "pink stuff" and drifted off to sleep. Now, I've heard that beginning new diets can cause gastric distress...I know it happened to me with NS and JC. I'm not sure if the food had anything to do with this; maybe caught a quick stomach bug or something because I still felt bad this morning.


I think I ate the Wild Cherry Muffin...maybe it was the Mountain Berry Muffin. I wish I'd been given a bit more information in my first shipment since those items aren't labeled. I was pretty sure it wasn't the Raisin Bran muffin or the cornbread muffin...color gave those away. There is only one item I found missing and it's the Strawberry Preserves. I'll go back and search the refrigerator for that...could have just been me in a hurry trying to get my food together and my kid out the door. You'll notice I have been skipping around on the menu...I hope that's aloud and there is not some scientific formula of each days food that interacts to help you lose weight. If it were up to me, I'd have the mac and cheese every night but I'm guessing that's why there are nutritionists on staff at Diet to Go...pasta every night can't be good for you. I should know that by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment