Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's not 32 sticks of butter but it's close.








For those anonymous readers you'll notice there are a few "followers" of this blog. I too am following them as they write about their weight loss experience using Diet To Go. Donna and Steve are a week ahead of me food wise because mine comes through the mail. Lucky for me, I get a review of the food I will soon be eating. More importantly I get to see how they are fairing with their weight loss as well. I loved how Steve put it into perspective when he lost 8 pounds the first week. He related it to 32 sticks of butter. Now think about that. If you had 32 actual sticks of butter stacked up and sitting on the counter; what would you think if you were no longer carrying that around with you each day. Steve could just have easily used a gallon of milk for perspective being that (depending on the type; whole, 2%, etc) it weight around 8 pounds. What if each morning before you grabbed your briefcase or purse you put a gallon of milk in it and drug that around with you...we'll that's what we're all doing. Unfortunately with about 60 pounds to lose that means I grab several gallons of milk each morning and haul it around. Can't wait to empty the jugs soon.






Well, my unofficial weight in (my bathroom scale) says I'm 252 after just a week on DTG. That's six pounds down from where I started. I'm happy with that loss and can only hope to keep it up. My new box of food arrived today so I sent an email to a co-worker who I know is doing NS. I asked that he come down and see what I get in a week. He was floored when I told him that all he needed to buy was a gallon of milk a week because DTG sends you everything else you need including fruit, bread sticks, condiments, etc. Now, he's made significant progress since September of last year but has most of the same complaints as most that I've read. Customer service is awful and they lost his shipment for three weeks somewhere...he went back to eating his own food again. Says he has maintained but I was proud to turn him on to the program. No time to detail my food tastings today but suffice it to say the morning Pizza was delicious, the turkey burger delightful and tonight's shrimp fettuccine was just grand. I loved it all.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Bo! I love hearing about the mail order aspect because I've been thinking about getting my mom in Missouri on it. Isn't it a strange feeling to get on the scale and see the weight loss? I'm so surprised because I don't really feel like I'm on as diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo, Great Job!

    You are well on your way and it's really not that hard for some reason, is it? The foods great tasting and you really don't get hungry between meals. I wonder if DTG is sneaking in some magic ingredients. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bo! It's great to hear you are enjoying the food and the weight loss! Bonus!!

    ReplyDelete