Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Even four weeks in...the DTG food still surprises me.

Noodle Kugel...not sure what it is but I'm pretty sure there is pasta in it and you know how I feel about pasta. Interesting for breakfast but pretty good for a quick start breakfast. Now, the thing about the diet to go food is that just when you think you're not going to like something there is something in the meal that is so delicious it makes you wish there were five more of them. Case in point; tonight's turkey chili with cheddar cheese, pasta salad and a savory corn bread muffin. Chili can be a very personal thing. Some like it with beans, some not, hot, mild or 3 mile island...the heat differentials can be take it to a whole new category all on its own. I enjoyed the chili, it had beans and a fair amount of meat plus was spicy enough to satisfy. I added the tablespoon of shredded cheddar for a gooey concoction that was really good. Now, to that little cornbread muffin. Damn, that little biscuit just set the whole dish off for me. The combination of that sweet little cornbread muffin and the heat of the chili was simply delightful. I only wish there were about 5 of them...delicious!

I may have mentioned this in a previous blog but one of the best ways to heat some of the DTG food is definitely with a toaster oven. I was able to get out Monday and hit the Wal-Mart as I needed a new scale so I decided to pick up a toaster oven for the office as well. Always use the oven with anything that says "melt" in the title. The Chicken Alfredo Melt and Tuna melts come out crisp and delicious as does the chicken pizza. I have never been a big "melt" fan but they are growing on me and I believe they are much tastier when put in the toaster oven. Now, back to the scale. I had a Thinner brand scale. Unfortunately there is no way to change the "lifetime" battery on your own so it's mandetory that you send it back to the manufacturer to replace. Last time they simply sent me a new scale all together. Needing to weigh in at least once a week to chart my progress sending it off was not an option so I purchased a new one! It is accurate to the 10th of a pound and even tells me my hydration level although I can't seem to get it much above 48%. They say 55% is ideal for a guy my size.

Well, tomorrow is weigh in day and my new box of food arrives so I can't wait to be surprised by some other tasty treat that is sure to satisfy me. I'm hoping for a big number again this week. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Bo,

    Good Luck on your loss this week and I'm glad you are feeling better. As I recall that Noodle Kugel was almost sweet like a desert and very tasty.
    I'm with you on wishing there was 5 of everything but that's what got me in trouble to begin with.
    So far I'm really pleased with the Diet-to-go meals and variety and great taste. Best part is I'm losing weight while eating good tasting healthy meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big number big number! Good luck Bo!

    ReplyDelete