Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I may have some competition for my food.

I'm getting plenty of food by the way. At no time do I feel hungry or begin obsessing over when the next meal will be. Yesterdays offering of a cornbread muffin and cream cheese/orange marmalade was filling enough for me to save the yogurt and orange for a late afternoon snack. Lunch was good too as the Chicken Philly Sub with peppers and honey mustard mayo was perfect with a bit of heat added...temperature and spice. The peach pudding tastes more like cobbler and the portion size makes me wonder if I'm having too many calories. Now, I didn't get around to eating dinner until well after 8pm. Since joining Face Book earlier in the afternoon I have connected with several old college buddies and a few others in my industry that I hadn't heard from in a while. I finished up a 90 minute phone call as an old radio friend and I caught up and nuked my Turkey Picadillo with Brown Rice Pilaf and apricot glazed asparagus. I sat down to enjoy this feast (again, a larger portion than I thought) with my son as he watched TV. I finished the still firm asparagus and was down to the last few spoonfuls of the "picadillo" (was kinda like chili...well seasoned at that) when my 6 year old son Hudson crawled up in my lap and asked me what I was eating. I told him "my special food" that was healthy for me..."do you want a bite?" He asked; "is it healthy for me too?" Of course, I said and I fed him a spoonful. So buddy, how is it? "Tremendous!" he exclaimed. Wow, I said, tremendous...where did you learn a big word like that? "TV", of course..."you can learn a lot from it, daddy." Don't I know it. We shared the rest of the meal a spoonful at a time until it was gone...good meal...better moment.


This morning started with another satisfying muffin and condiment. I was a bit apprehensive about lunch though. How well does a grilled cheese sandwich travel? should I microwave it...toaster oven? With no toaster oven I microwaved it and the lentil chilli to temperature and was happy to find that the bread stood up to the cheese. You get a sandwich and a half on what looks like french toast...or at least the bread they use for the french toast. Regardless, it was as cheesy and delicious as anything I've "grilled. The few mouthfuls of Lentil Chilli were delightfully tasty and just enough. Now, a word of warning! If you are going to use Diet to Go as your meal provider, do yourself a favor and SAVE A GLASS OF MILK WHEN THEY SEND YOU A BROWNIE! Now, some of you may think this is overkill and some may not heed the warning I've given but if you take one bite of that delicious, moist and chocolaty brownie without a glass of milk handy you'll think back to the warning i've given and think; "he was right!" I'm surprised at the amount of guilt I have built up over the years while dieting. You know, when you taste something good and think; "I shouldn't be having this." I need to let go and remember that DTG has my back and wouldn't be sending this stuff if A) it wasn't good for me and B) I couldn't lose weight comsuming it. Save the brownie for a time when you can sit down with that cold glass of milk and enjoy every sticky morsel. I hated having to inhale it at while at work. That won't happen again. OH, I found someone here at work that is having his Nutri System delivered here...saw the box today. I can't wait to show him what I get when my box arrives tomorrow! I'll convert him...it's just a matter of time. Hey, feel free to join me on FaceBook, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment