Saturday, February 7, 2009

Have I mentioned I love this Diet?

I don't think I've ever had a Tuna Melt before today but I now know how I should be heating some items...in a toaster oven. Had I tried to microwave these 3 melts it would have been soggy. I used the toaster oven and the wheat puff pastry was crisp and the cheese on top of the tuna was perfectly melted and had some browning on it. Really tasty as was the peach crisp. I have to give cudos to the Creole Chicken dish too. I micro'd that and added a few dashes of hot sauce and it was perfect. A hearty creole sauce with rough cut bell pepper and onion, shredded chicken and basmati rice. Obviously I've eaten my share of shrimp, chicken or sausage "creole" and this ranked right up there. One suggestion for DTG, you could easily take some of that same shrimp that came on yesterdays salad and put it in the dish instead of the chicken and it would be great. Just a thought...going to bed now. Gonna ride tomorrow and I'm packing my food!

1 comment:

  1. Bo

    I too loved the Tuna Melts, however unlike you I ate mine cold right out of the pack. They tasted like two really tasty tuna sandwiches with cheese on them. You might try them next time this way and throw them in the cooler for a future motorcycle outing. I have to agree with you, so far I love this diet too! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete