Monday, February 2, 2009

OK, I may have a new favorite meal!

I was confused by the Bistro Chicken Salad with Sesame Bread sticks...it says "salad", do I eat it cold? It's a healthy sized portion of sliced chicken with tortellini style pasta in a pesto sauce. I tried it cold adding the ubiquitous hot sauce and pepper to the meal. I got about half way through it and thought, this might be better heated...it was. It really brought out the flavor of the tortellini and the sauce. Maybe I've missed it online but again, I wish the packaging was more clear on whether it should be heated or eaten cold...I'm choosing hot on this one. It was delicious!

Now, to dinner...my new favorite meal may be the BBQ chicken (and sauce) Anise roasted potato's, baked beans, green beans (and almonds). Again, I was surprised by the portion size: 2-small chicken breasts, several quartered potato's with a delightful seasoning, hearty spoonful of beans and some crisp green beans (mine didn't have any almonds on it). I remember seeing a barbecue sauce packet when I unloaded my first shipment but forgot to grab it with my meal tonight. Honestly, I don't think it needed it at all. The chicken was flavored nicely and I'm sitting here very satisfied. Recap of favorites so far: Mac and cheese and the BBQ chicken.

With last nights bout with stomach issue "behind" me, I need to mention how much better I'm feeling. Although my blood sugars aren't where I'd like them they are noticeably lower. I just think that with my body processing the right kind of foods I'm feeling more energetic...mentally and physically. Oh, I received my shipping notice for next weeks food...should be here by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment