Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm still not 32 sticks of butter!



I know I should be happy that it was a loss but after a really trying afternoon at the “plant” I was hoping to come home and post up a good number. Yes, I’ve lost seven pounds and am proud of that but this morning I weighed “nekked” before getting in the shoulder and I was under 250lbs. By the time I got home from work and put my “weigh-in” clothes on I was 251lbs. It’s still a pound lost from last week but I would have preferred a nine pound total loss over seven any day. Oh well, I haven’t felt starved and the food I’ve been eating from Diet To Go is really good so I’ll stop feeling sorry for myself and pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Today’s breakfast was uneventful; a simple bagel with cream cheese and raspberry preserves. Honestly, I don’t mind this for breakfast as I don’t have a ton of time and this gets me to work quickly and gives my pills some company in my stomach. I also enjoyed the Wahoo burger with tarter sauce. I sprinkled it generously with hot sauce and it went down like a champ. Now, I owe fellow DTG’r Steve an apology. He began to talk about how fishy the Salmon dish smelled and tasted on his blog and I responded with the fact that I eat a lot of seafood and have welcomed it on the meal plan. Steve, you’re right; it’s simply not good dish and it’s one I will substitute for something else. When I opened it it did have a rather strong fish smell and once I cooked it I couldn’t eat it. The carrots and jicima were just out of place and the dry rice and peas under the strangely seasoned salmon was just something I too couldn’t get through. Don’t get me wrong, I love Salmon. I’ve had it flown in fresh from Alaska (it helps to have a friend that lives there. He would send me Dungeness and Alaskan King Crab, too) and always had the vacu-packed salmon from Sams Warehouse in my freezer. I found at least a half dozen different ways to prepare it and it was always good. Maybe this version doesn’t travel well or it’s just not a very well thought out dish. It doesn’t change my mind one bit about DTG because I know had I chosen NS or JC I’d be hating life after two weeks of their crap. Trust me, I know. I just received my third week of food and can’t wait to see how it all tastes so stay tuned or to learn more, join the DTG Facebook page or mine to learn more about me, my friends and this wonderful way to lose weight.

3 comments:

  1. Bo

    You're killing me, I couldn't stop laughing about your salmon critique.
    I guess you just have to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FISH. Our DTG friend Donna loved the Salmon from DTG.
    It's great that DTG anticipates different tastes and allows substitutions.

    Now as far as your 1 pound loss this week for a total of seven pounds lost.
    Seven total pounds lost is almost 3 percent of your original body weight that's gone with little effort and great tasting meals. Also keep in mind bigger people like me lose more, but have more to lose.
    You are well on your way my friend, you really don't have that much to lose.
    It's all perspective. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for weight loss- any amount is success! congrats! Sorry you didn't like the salmon- I LOVE THAT ONE!...but perhaps it isn't as good frozen, I'll have to try it that way and see. Well as we've all pointed out, thank goodness for substitutions, there's no way everyone will like everything.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the support and yes, perspective these days has become important to my frame of mind. I have had several people email me about the one little blurb on Facebook. I will begin talking more about it on Facebook but I want to have some real progress first before I start preaching to the masses. Physically I feel better but unfortunately I've caught waht my family has and I fear I'll be down for a few days. I'll blog sometime tomorrow afternoon when I'm feeling better...thanks again for the support.
    Bo

    ReplyDelete